The ASSDA Stainless Steel Specialist Course contains 17 challenging and rewarding Training Notes covering a wide range of topics about stainless steel from introductory to more complex material. Input from the industry has ensured that topics covered are relevant to the workplace.
|1. An Introduction to Stainless Steel
2. Stainless Steel vs Corrosion
3. The Mechanical Properties of Stainless Steel
4. The Surface Finish on Stainless Steels
5. Fabricating Corrosion Resisting and Stainless Steels
6. The Cutting of Stainless Steels
7. The Metallurgy of Stainless Steels
8. The Welding and Joining of Stainless Steels
9. Machining Stainless Steels
10. Practical Considerations for Designing in Stainless Steel
11. Stainless Steel and Stainless Alloy Castings
12. Forging Stainless Steels
13. Stainless Steel Pipe and Tube
14. Cold Forming Stainless Steels
15. Deep Drawing of Stainless Steels
16. Stainless Steel and Stainless Alloys at High Temperature
17. Ferritic Stainless Steels
Each Training Note consists of a booklet (8-36 pages) and a series of multiple choice and short answer examination questions. They are offered as a self-paced correspondence course.
Levels of Certification
ASSDA offers two levels of certification:
- Intermediate Certificate
An Intermediate Certificate is awarded for successful completion of a minimum of five Training Notes. Compulsory subjects must make up four of the five titles. ASSDA can assist in developing an appropriate program or individual organisations may choose to select relevant Training Notes to tailor the program to suit their needs. Intermediate Certificates can be completed in three months.
- Full Certificate
A Full Certificate is awarded for the successful completion of a minimum of 12 Training Notes. Compulsory subjects must make up seven of the twelve titles. ASSDA can assist in developing an appropriate program or individual organisations may choose to select relevant Training Notes to tailor the program to suit their needs. Full Certificates can be completed in six months.
Benefits for Companies
Individual modules may also be purchased, allowing companies the flexibility to select modules for training staff according to company operations.
- skills participants in the benefits and limitations of stainless steel
- upskills individuals and organisations already established in the stainless steel industry, as well as those who have little knowledge about stainless steel
- modular form of the course allows companies the flexibility to tailor train employees for their operations
- authoritative, up-to-date reference document
Benefits for Participants
- Participant gains an understanding of why they are doing what they are doing in their job.
- Completion of course at own pace and in own time.
Benefits for the Stainless Steel Industry
- provides a standard level of knowledge and recognised level of achievement.
- translates into a higher level of productivity for existing and new workers by promoting a greater depth of understanding of stainless.
Intermediate Certificate (min. 5 Training Notes) - $137.50 members, $192.50 non-members
Full Certificate (min. 12 Training Notes) - $330.00 members, $462.00 non-members
Course Completion (all 17 subjects) - $440.00 members, $616.00 non-members
* includes GST and delivery in Australia
Course costs include examination questions, assessment and certification. Prices for international sales on application - please contact ASSDA for more information.