ASSDA Webinar: Stainless Steel Pickling and Passivation
Can you answer this question: If you pickle stainless steel, is it also passivated?
Or do you agree with this statement: I wash my stainless steel regularly, so it is automatically passivated.
Or would you discard stainless steel with rust stains and deem it as unrepairable?
All these are related, and this webinar will explain what pickling and passivation are and what they do.
Specifically, the topics include:
- The differences between cleaning, pickling and passivation
- Pickling and passivation chemicals and their differences
- Necessary preparations before pickling or passivation, e.g. cleaning
- Application methods and their effectiveness
- How to assess the effectiveness of chemical treatments
- Electropolishing vs. electrocleaning: Are they the same?
- Electrochemical treatments by bath, wand or sponge and the effects
- Standards that can be used and their limitations
- What to do to keep your stainless steel passive
Presenter: Dr Graham Sussex, Technical Specialist
Graham is a materials expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his specialty.
Cost: $45/person ASSDA*, ASSDA Accredited, NZSSDA and Engineers Australia members, $85/person non-members
*ASSDA Platinum Members free - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
This webinar will be hosted online via WebEx.
Details of the webinar access details will be emailed once you have registered using the online form below. If you have any questions, please contact ASSDA on 07 3220 0722 or email@example.com.
NOTE: This webinar is capped at 45 registrations. Early registration is encouraged. First in, first served policy.
Please select your preferred payment option. Credit Card payments are processed securely in real-time.
Click submit to register and continue to payment.
Cancellations within 7 working days of the event will be charged at full price. Replacement delegates may be sent in lieu of cancellation. The organisers reserve the right to cancel workshops due to insufficient registrations or other reasons beyond their control.