Stainless steels have been around for more than 100 years, but many experienced users still have only a hazy idea of the important differences between the corrosion resistance of various grades. Just as importantly, why you select a specific material will depend on the mechanical or physical properties that you need. After reinforcing why stainless steels are corrosion resistant, this webinar will cover:
- Choosing the stainless family – before looking at corrosion resistance
- What affects your choice:
- Your design and processing
- Specific mechanical or physical properties
- What standards do not tell you about your stainless steel
- Estimating corrosion resistance using PRE
- Water with chloride, temperature and pH variations
- Burial of stainless steel – a very brief outline
- Effects of crevices, finish and chemical treatment
- The IMOA/ASSDA model for atmospheric service – multiple paths to success
- Stainless steel in chemical, low and high temperature conditions
Graham is a materials expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his specialty.
Cost: $45/person ASSDA*, ASSDA Accredited, NZSSDA and EA Members,
*ASSDA Platinum Members FREE - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
This webinar will be hosted by Zoom.
Note: This webinar is capped at 45 registrations. Early registration is encouraged. First in, first served policy.