NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT: 11.30am - 12.30pm (AEDT)
QLD: 10.30am - 11.30am (AEST)
SA: 11.00am - 12.00pm (ACDT)
WA: 8.30am - 9.30am (AWST)
NT: 10.00am - 11.00am (ACST)
- History of duplex alloys, five families and their properties
- What welding does to their metallurgy: ferrite/austenite ratio, nitrides, intermetallic phases
- Effect of heat input, cooling rate and interpass temperature
- Cast duplex alloys, their specification and microstructure
- Ferrite percentage/ferrite number and their measurement
- Quality control to ASTM or ISO standards and their differences
- Similarities and differences between duplex and austenitic alloys of similar corrosion resistance
- Examples of use
Image courtesy of Outokumpu.
Presenter: Dr Graham Sussex, Technical Specialist
Graham is a materials expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his specialty.
Cost: $45/person ASSDA*, ASSDA Accredited, NZSSDA and EA Members,
*ASSDA Platinum Members FREE - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
This webinar will be hosted by Zoom.
Note: This webinar is capped at 45 registrations. Early registration is encouraged. First in, first served policy.