Mention stainless steel and most designers and architects will immediately think about excellent corrosion resistance, bright reflections or plain, dulled surfaces. The variety of finishes ranges from mirror through abraded to blasted, profiled or coloured, and the differences in their properties are substantial. This webinar is all about surfaces and will include considerations of:
- The inherent differences between cold and hot rolled surfaces
- The move from rolled to cut or abraded or blasted surfaces
- How thickness and surface roughness may be important
- Profiled surfaces and how that changes their properties such as reflectance, cleanability, corrosion resistance, strength, slip resistance, etc.
- Properties that surface processing does not change
- Coatings and what effect they have on appearance, durability and other properties
- Colour and its stability
- Standard appearance of different product forms and how they can be reconciled
- A brief mention of chemical treatments and their limitations.
Photo of Wynyard Walk above courtesy of Stoddart
Presenter: Dr Graham Sussex, Technical Specialist
Graham is a materials expert with over 30 years experience and more than 600 technical publications to his name. Stainless steel is his specialty.
Cost: $45/person ASSDA*, ASSDA Accredited, NZSSDA and Engineers Australia members, $85/person non-members
This webinar will be hosted online via WebEx.
NOTE: This webinar is capped at 45 registrations. Early registration is encouraged. First in, first served policy.