Third edition (May 2015) now available for purchase from ASSDA.
'Code of Practice for the Fabrication of Stainless Steel Plant and Equipment', also known as the "Blue Book", is intended to assist industry achieve the quality, structural integrity and food safety requirements necessary for stainless steel plant and equipment.
The document is intended to form part of any tender or contract document for the fabrication of such items and provides guidance on the following code of practice topics:
- Information and requirements to be agreed and documented
- Quality Assurance
- General design requirements
- Specific design features for tanks, vessels and silos
- Placement and type of welds
- Contamination prevention
- Cutting and forming
- Finishing processes
- Transportation and installation
- Insulation and cladding
The 58-page publication is prepared by the New Zealand Stainless Steel Development Association and is available for sale through ASSDA.
Cost: A$50.00 + postage and handling