Standing the test of time
Stainless steel reinforcement (rebar) is increasingly being specified for its excellent corrosion resistance, long-term performance and economic benefits.
There are many advantages to using stainless steel rebar:
- Excellent durability, fire resistance and structural performance.
- Exceptional corrosion resistance in harsh marine environments, resisting chlorides and pitting corrosion.
- Extended service life and reduced life cycle costs.
- Minimal maintenance costs and therefore less disruption of service for refurbishment or replacement.
- Easy to cut and bend, good weldability.
- Cathodic protection is not required.
- Reduced concrete cover, minimising costs and delivering a more lightweight, higher tensile structure. Cracks are less